This steam generator iron facilitates fast and effective ironing suitable for thick fabrics and stubborn creases, making it a must-have for the home.
It comes with an OptimalTemp feature which enables only one temperature setting suitable for both and delicate materials.
This one provides a perfect combination of steam and heat balance because of its smart technology feature.
|Tower Steam Generator Iron with Non-Stick Ceramic Soleplate||The vertical steam utility is suitable for hanging fabrics such as curtains.||£|
|PerfectCare Compact Steam Generator Iron||Class-A energy, optimal temperature technology, built-in cleaning, and scratch-resistant plate.||££|
|Philips Perfect Care Elite Steam Generator Iron with Optimal Temperature and 470 g Steam Boost||It comes with a 2-minute heat up, fast and has an attachable water tank.||£££|
|Tefal Pro Express Care High-Pressure Steam||Extra glide features, a scale collector mechanism, and smart technology provide fast performance.||£££|
|Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence Steam Generator Iron||Ultra-light and optimal temperature feature ensuring no burns.||£££|
Best Steam Generator Iron UK
A steam generator iron is a type of iron that comes with a water tank that produces steam because of water boiling technology. Once you press the steam button, the iron lets out a high amount of steam, which means you do not need additional spray bottle water. The steam generator irons are thus, considered to be faster and easier to use for ironing clothes.
It should be noted that the steam generator iron is different from a regular steam iron. A steam generator iron’s tank is bigger, can hold more water and thus, the steam production is far greater than a steam iron. A steam generator iron is better for thick fabrics such as jackets, curtains or bed sheets. One is not better than the other; it depends entirely on the material you want to iron, so make sure you know which one to buy based on your needs.
The following factors are essential to keep in mind while buying a steam generator iron:
Power of the iron
The power of the iron should be at least 2400W, but the greater the better. Greater power irons prove to heat faster and thus better-ironed clothes.
The steam output is dependent on the power of the steam; thus it should be greater than 250g/min. Getting a steam generator iron that is of below 250g/min will not provide reasonable steam generation. Should opt for a regular steam iron instead of lower than 250g/min.
The higher the pressure of the steam, the more efficient ironing. Steam pressure should be at least 5 bar, in order to effectively remove creases from any type of fabric.
The external tank should be approximately between 1.8L to 2L, for longer storage of water and refill time.
The soleplate, situated at the bottom of the iron should be designed as such that it reaches all corners of the cloth. Ideally, they should be thin, tapered and ceramic. It can also look for anti-adhesion type as it eliminates the risk of burning the fabric.
This steam generator iron is known for its ultra-fast technology, so if you have thicker, multilayered fabrics this iron is going to be ideal for you. Moreover, it decides the optimal temperature based on the fabric you are ironing because of its sensors. Therefore, you could even leave it on top of the cloth and it wouldn’t burn. Additionally, its lightweight is an added bonus, it glides easily across all fabrics effortlessly due to its frictionless soleplate, thus saving time.
Moreover, it has a steam boost of 420 g, which ensures that stubborn creases and wrinkles can be dealt with just one stroke, making it perfect for hung fabrics such as curtains.
- Optimal Temperature technology
- 8L detachable water tank that lasts for days
- Heats up in 2 minutes
- Long cable
- Reduces the time for ironing
- Extremely lightweight (0.8KG)
- Quiet steam generator compared to others in the market
- Scratch-resistant, nonstick soleplate
- Comes with a carrier lock, making it portable and safe
- High Pressure and continuous steam (135g/min)
If you’re looking for an even powerful steam boost, this is the perfect option for you. Considering the fact that it comes with a steam boost of up to 500g/min. Instead of a separate boiler, it comes with an integrated one and that ensures super-fast heat up time. Moreover, it has integrated an anti-scale and an anti-stain technology, which means it gets rid of scale build-up and does not leave stains. Hence, this is a double protection feature resulting from the Spiral Protect and Scale Collector systems. If your iron does not come with an anti-scale feature, then the limescale build-up will block the iron, hence it will hinder efficient steam output. Therefore, this is one of the features that make it such a must-have for your home.
Furthermore, it comes with smart technology where all you have to do is to specify the material you are going to ironing with just a click of one of the five preset fabrics: “synthetics”, “wool”, “linen”, “silk” and “cotton”.
- Has a compartment to neatly stack away from the cord
- A large water tank (1.6L)
- Steam Output of 120g/min
- High-Pressure steam of up to 7.5 bars
- Scale particles are contained that leads to longer steam output
- +33% extra glide that allows fast ironing
- Safety lock permits portability
- Scale collector allows ten times more powerful steam collection
- The steam output is quiet and not too loud
As the name suggests this is one of the steam generator irons you should opt for if you have a problem with the steam noise. The noise isn’t completely removed but is certainly hushed. This one also comes with no temperature controls and is known to be ideal for curtains and hanging garments. It has a tank capacity of 1.8 L, and a continuous steam function that runs 150g/min, which is greater than Philips GC9630. Moreover, it has a steam boost of 440g which is slightly lesser than Tefal GV9071.
It comes with the OptimalTemp feature as well, which is there to eliminate the risk of burning. The cleaning system is also included, it hardly takes 1 minute to clean and another 2 to heat. The soleplate is rated 5 stars and is considered to be both easy glide and scratch-resistant. It also has an ECO mode as well which saves energy without hindering efficient ironing. Moreover, its easy deCalc plus function (cleans the limescale and transforms it into steam) reduces clogging and gets rids of limescale.
- Philips provides a 2-year warranty coupled with a 60 days’ money-back guarantee
- Ultra-fast ironing technology optimal for thicker fabrics
- Detachable water tank makes it portable
- Ultra-light (0.8KG) which makes it handy
- The scratch-resistant soleplate, minimizing burning
- Leaves behind a fresh smell
- Comes with a turbo setting
- DeCalc function extends the life of the iron
- Reduces ironing time
- Noise reduction technology allows use in front of a TV screen as well
- Phillips Green Logo (reduce energy and cost consumptions, along with CO2 emissions)
- High-Pressure steam of up to 7.5 bars
- A large water tank (1.8L)
This steam generator iron is one that has a 2700 W power, making it extremely efficient. However, the steam options are adjustable to use. Additionally, the soleplate is made up of ceramic allowing for a smoother glide. The water tank is considered to be extra-large and Is also removable, which makes it portable. It also comes with vertical steam technology, making it ideal for hanging fabrics such as curtains and upholstery.
Moreover, it is one of the few irons that can become cordless as well, so if you are someone who is easily annoyed with the cord, this iron is perfect for you. It has a 3 bar pressure and produces a steam output of 100g/min. Even though it is heavyweight, it still leads to a good press and is comfortable to use at the same time.
- The company provides a 1-year guarantee, which can be extended to 2 years following registration
- Adjustable temperature control which minimizes the risk of burning
- Due to its high heat generation, the backside of the cloth does not have to be ironed. You can iron one side and you are good to go.
- Has good design such as the easy carry handle
- Value for money: Cheap price compared to other steam generator irons in the market but is worth it because of the number of features it offers.
- Has a 1.5L water tank that lasts for long
- Easily removes tough creases
- Ceramic soleplate which is also nonstick, thus reducing risk of scratches
- Comes with an indicator light
This steam generator iron is lightweight, has a built-in descaling and cleaning system and also has a scratch-resistant soleplate. Additionally, it has a 2x more steam function and steam pressure that can go up to 5.3 bars. Moreover, the steam boost if up to 280g/min and has a large water tank, that cannot be detached, but it allows for minimal refills.
Its decalc function for easy cleaning is useful especially if you live in a region with a hard water supply. It has an auto shut off feature, so if you leave it down and forget to pull the plug, then it will shut off atomically after 5 minutes without damaging the soleplate or the ironing table. Its soleplate is made up of 5 layers of coating along with an anti-corrosive surface making it last longer.
It has a ProVelocity function that consists of a smaller sized steam generator.
- It is also portable and safe as it has a carry lock feature and reduces the risk of burning yourself
- Compact: weighs under 3KG
- Smooth glide across all types of fabrics
- OptimalTemp technology is suitable for all kinds of fabrics, no dial or settings are required
- ECO mode saves energy and is thus environment-friendly
- 5L water tank
- Relatively cheaper compared to other steam generator irons
- Heats up in 2 minutes
- Long cable
- Long-lasting performance
10 Best Hotpoint Washing Machines in Hotpoint WMBF742P Washing Machine Budget-friendly. Conserves energy. 7kg max capacity. Selectable child lock feature Suitable for a small or young family Hotpoint Extra WMXTF942P Washing Machine 1400rpm...
10 Best Kettles for Hard Water in Breville VKJ755 Impressions Electric Kettle, 3 KW Fast Boil, 1.7 Litres, BlackExcellent, with removable lime filter. Easy to clean and very fast. Has a large capacity. Its cost ranks as average. Aigostar Adam...
10 Best Carpet Cleaners in Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner It has a super boost spray function to customize the cleaning to unique needs in cleaning crowded heavily soiled areas. VYTRONIX STM01 10-in-1 Carpet Steam Cleaner It is a 10-in-1...
10 Best Bathroom Heaters in Wärme Designer Electric Heater Convenient programmable weekly cycle for heating according to your preference and timings. Pro Breeze Mini Ceramic Fan Heater It uses ceramic technology elements to provide efficient...
10 Best Memory Foam Pillows in Panda Luxury Memory Foam Bamboo Pillow This cushion comes with a thermal regulation technology to keep the pillow warm during winters and cold during summers. Made with three layers of memory foam and...
10 Best BBQ Smokers in CosmoGrill™ Outdoor Smoker Barbecue Charcoal Portable BBQ Grill Garden It imparts an excellent flavour profile to the meats. Additionally, you can carry the device anywhere with the help of wheels. Callow Retail Outdoor...